Country Club of Indianapolis
When Rowland Design proposed a new clubhouse to the members of the Country Club of Indianapolis adjacent to the existing clubhouse, it also offered a solution to a long standing concern about the lack of a direct connection between the clubhouse and the pro shop. The Country Club of Indianapolis was the first club in Indianapolis and the new design reestablished the features of the original 1913 bungalow. The pro shop had views of the #1 and #10 tees and could not be moved from the original location. A spacious covered walkway, which mirrors the design and feel of the front entrance porte-cochere, was constructed to create the desired connection with the new clubhouse. The retail floor area was nearly doubled and the pro shop’s color palette, finishes, product facings and point-of-purchase displays were also improved.